Thursday, October 01, 2009

A nice lesson for those of us trying to whip ourselves into shape for the job market... again :P

Ah life, you have really been inducing some big sigh's out of me lately.

About a month ago I got great opportunity to crawl out of my stagnant career situation and skip off into greener pastures. Was it scary? Most definitely. At the same time though it was so very necessary and exhilirating and with all the support in the world any girl could wish for I set out on my new adventure.

It's been four weeks and thanks to the economy, crisis, lack of advertising or gremlins (honestly who do we blame really?) my beautiful new desk is in danger of vanishing just as I was finally starting to make new friends and settle into my new design groove.

Do I regret taking a chance and moving? Not at all really. If it hadn't happened here it could have happened somewhere else. Also it's been a great pleasure to work somewhere that I've aimed to reach with people that I admire.

I do however find myself in that uncomfortable state of limbo while waiting to receive notice and hoarding my pennies for my coming rainy days. Again, thankfully, I have all the support I had with my initial move and am feeling oddly positive for someone lately being termed as an "affected person".
So here I go updating my portfolio again and analysing my CV. I'm getting ready to call contacts and sell myself to a financially tight market place with a beaming smile as soon as I'm notified of my enforced holiday. I'm also seeing this as a chance to finally brush up on web-design - a project I've been postponing till I finally get a chance to take a nice break. Careful what you wish for...

So wish me luck people and if you're in a similar situation and have been using the resources of those around you to tune and tone your porti... I found this article which has been a great help so far.

A good read for any designer methinks.

HOW TO RESPOND EFFECTIVELY TO DESIGN CRITICISM
(via smashing magazine)

Posted via email from keyna_b's posterous

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...