Monday, October 03, 2011

Must motivate myself to appear motivated

I'd like to think I've become a teensy bit better at motivating myself and not procrastinating these days. Certainly I'm about a million times better than I was as a teenager (*wabbing was a term I quickly managed to grasp and use and almost every day). I've even created a few tests for myself to do in the next year to check my progress. Sure every time I think about them I get cold sweats and my heart flutters a bit ridiculously, but hey, I'm THINKING about it in the first place which is a start and next you know I'm actually doing it.

After seeing this infogram, new on my list of things to achieve are:
• become a more effective worker in sweatpants and sitting comfy in a la-z-boy.
• never to work with "sensitive" material
• become a person someone else would trust to look after their children

Because THEN I believe I'm well on my way to being allowed to work at home. What a dream that would be huh? Remind me to send this to my boss sometime next year.


by Mindflash via


*Wabbing:   
derive from acronym of "work avoidance behaviour" - the action of finding something else, ANYTHING else to do other than the task at hand (whether studying as a student or working); like sorting your CDs & DVDs again, making yet another cup of coffee, rearranging your desk, reorganising your inbox, vacuuming the carpet or just browsing the internet, surfing cables channels
someone chatting online to friend: "Hey what you up to?"
in reply: "Well not a lot really, just wabbing!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...