Wednesday, February 17, 2010

T-Rex Syndrome and it's affects on yoga practices

I've often used the term T-Rex syndrome while grumping about challenges my body presents me with from time to time.
This is how it usually goes.
I feel that I have rather large hip bones. And I'm not complaining about the width of my hips, don't get me wrong. I'm not confusing my bum size with bone size and therefore blaming some growth in the derriere area over the last few years on my bone structure. (I eat enough to have figured out that I might be personally responsible for any development there *grin*)
I mean that the actual length/height of the bone in comparison to my spine and ribcage means that there seems to, literally, not be any space for me to work on getting that gradual indentation normal people get to call a waist.

The latest complaint however revolves around yoga. It's not exactly a secret that my most recent attempt in bettering myself isn't bringing me the peace and serenity yet that I'd thought was pretty much part of the contract when you step into a class. In fact poor Neil was possibly one small step away from begging me NOT to try another class. (Think how moody I must have been for a boy to ask me NOT to take a class which generally leads to people becoming more flexible...)
But the weird unleashing of moods aside, the main thing that's bothering me with yoga is that the simplest exercise, which involves lifting my bum off the floor by just straightening my arms, is impossible! Sitting with my back straight, my shoulders down and then straightening out my arms results in only lifting myself one measly excuse for a cm off the ground. Not nearly enough to then swing back and forth. I've now started nervously laughing whenever I sense a similar exercise coming my way. I don't know whether it's my arms which are too short, or my spine, or if my legs are just completely disproportionate to my upper body and therefore impossible to move, but this is going to be filed right there under T-Rex syndrome.

Grrr. Arrrrr.

Posted via email from keyna_b's posterous

1 comment:

papercut said...

i absolutely love your new look, special K!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...